Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon
Tankubon 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Tsukino Usagi/Princess Serenity
- Mizuno Ami/Sailormercury
- Hino Rei/Sailormars
- Kino Makoto/Sailorjupiter
- Aino Minako/Sailor V/Sailorvenus
- Luna and Artemis
- Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen/Prince Endymion
- Queen Serenity
- Queen Metallia
- Queen Beryl
Some Differences between the Anime and Manga:
- Mamoru is in high school, contrary to being in college in the anime.
- Mamoru wears glasses occassionally.
- Zoicite and Kunzite are not gay. Nephrite does not fall in love with Naru.
- There's no search for the nijizuishou- they don't exist, and consequentally
there aren't the seven strongest youma reincarnated as humans. In other words,
Urawa or Joe are not in the manga. Yuuichirou also does not exist. The Dark
Kingdom is after the ginzuishou from the beginning.
- Rei and Mamoru do not date; they show no attraction to each other.
- Rei is noticably more mature and sophisticated in the manga; she and Usagi
don't have little squirmishes of sticking out their tongues at each other,
though Usagi calls her mean once.
- Tuxedo Kamen reveals to all of Tokyo that there is a powerful stone known
as the ginzuishou in an attempt to gather information about where the
- Mamoru knows that Usagi is Sailormoon at the masquerade party after she
drops her handkerchief with her name on it. He reveals his identity to her
later on after carrying her home upon her fainting from using up her power
to heal the people of Tokyo. Actually, Mamoru suspects Usagi is Sailormoon
before that, having seen Usagi transform into a stewardess and repeatedly
running into Usagi when she is busy talking to Luna.
- Tuxedo Kamen doesn't throw a single rose throughout all 18 tankubon.
- Sailorvenus is thought to be the princess of the moon, and she says that
she is in order to protect the true Princess Serenity. In actuality, she
is the real leader of the Sailor Senshi.
- When the Sailor Senshi travel to the moon, they find a stone sword in
the ground which Venus immediately takes charge of. This sword is absent
in the anime.
- Beryl and the four generals were reincarnated on Earth after Metallia
was sealed away underground by Queen Serenity.
- Princess Serenity committed suicide on the moon after Endymion was
killed by Beryl.
- Queen Serenity did not use the full power of the ginzuishou because she
was so distraught over the death of her daughter and the senshi. She left
her "will" in the Moon Kingdom computer, and it was her will that the senshi
met on the moon.
- The four generals are the protectors of Prince Endymion. After their
deaths, their bodies melt into the four stones that they represent. Beryl
gives evil Endymion the stones. The stones, which possess the souls of
the four generals, play small roles in later tankubon.
- Tuxedo Kamen dies after saving Sailormoon from Kunzite's blast; he is
brought back to life with Metallia's power, and he poses as Endou, Motoki's
best friend. He tries to get Usagi to reveal to him her secrets dealing
with the Sailor Senshi and the ginzuishou.
- Sailorvenus kills Beryl with the sword, so Metallia becomes the major
enemy, rather than Beryl infused with Metallia being the enemy like in
- Sailormoon tries to kill Endymion with the sword, then attempts to
commit suicide. After their "deaths", Metallia absorbs them and the
ginzuishou and starts to take over the Earth.
- The Sailor Team dies trying to use their combined powers to reach
Sailormoon. Sailormoon awakens within Metallia, and her tears cause the
ginzuishou to blossom into a flower-shape. Using her power and that of
her dead friends, she combines the ginzuishou and the Moon Stick to destroy
Metallia by focusing all her energies on the mark on Metallia's head,
where Metallia's heart is.
- The Silver Millennium is reestablished by Sailormoon and the power of
the ginzuishou. Usagi is the heir to the kingdom but chooses to go back
to her life on Earth instead.
- The Sailor Senshi don't lose their memories upon being brought back
- Sailormoon gets her power-up at the very end, right before the Black
Moon arc in the manga begins.
[ top ]
Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon © 1992 Takeuchi Naoko, Kodansha, Toei Animation, TV Asahi, and Bandai. This is only a fan page and is not intended to infringe on any rights.
The Sailor Senshi Page is © 1996-2010 Robin
Hosted by Dreamhost.